Friday, March 4, 2016

Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory

One of the elderly people came up to me and told me about a documentary on Netflix called Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory. His wife and daughter also attend the session and have on multiple occasions told me how much they all love it. I watched it today and can tell you all how beautiful and honest this documentary is. It shows how music can be the only way some people connect. It really shows how much music can change moods. Even when they can't remember a lot about their lives, listening to a song from their childhood allows their minds to recall things and it brings them so much joy and memory. If you want to check it out, it is over an hour long, so if you don't want to watch all of it, then at least watch the first 5-8 minutes. It really gives you a taste of the reactions and emotions felt. I would recommend watching more though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment